Re: Hospital Architecture ptII

Phil,

As you might expect we have many illustrations of The New York Hospital,
The Lying-In Hospital of NY City, the Bloomingdale Hospital, etc. What are
you planning to use these for and is the request for you or for a
researcher. If the later, I'd prefer to correspond directly with that
person. let me know how I can help.
     Regards...Adele

At 09:30 AM 5/23/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I am looking for illustrations of New York State hospitals between 1830 --
>1930. Specifically I am looking for examples of Institutional architecture
>"Hotel" type 1800 -- 1860, Pavilion style 1860 -- 1900, and "High rise" 1877
>-- 1930. Also I would like to locate examples of "cottage" hospitals ( the
>type established in private homes throughout the period.) The examples must
>be of hospitals in New York State, not "State Hospitals" or county homes.
>
>Philip G. Maples, Curator/Director
>Baker-Cederberg Museum and Archives
>Rochester General Hospital
>1425 Portland Avenue
>Rochester, NY 14621
>
>716.922.3521
>716.922.5292 FAX
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Adele A. Lerner, Archivist
NewYork Weill Cornell Medical Center Archives
1300 York Avenue
New York, NY  10021-4896

Voice: 212-746-6072     FAX: 212-746-8279
email alerner@med.cornell.edu
http://www.med.cornell.edu/resources/index.html
http://www.med.cornell.edu/centennial/archives.html