Re: Advice Needed

Much like Lamonica, I too am working on a MA in History
and plan on a career in the archival field.  However, my
school does not offer an "Archival Management
Concentration" as part of the program.  When employers set
qualifications for positions, as has been mentioned, many
want a MLS candidate. My worry is that after graduating
and becoming ACA certified that this will not be seen as
equal education when I apply for jobs.  So this leads me
to two questions: 1) how have those in the field with MA's
made a successful career, and 2) how would employers rank
candidates with educational backgrounds as follows: MLS,
MA with "Archival Management Concentration", and MA with
ACA certification?

Dylan McDonald
dmcdonald@boisestate.com