Old, very old recordings - 78rpms

The dance company at school has just asked me what to do about these as
they were thinking of throwing them out.  That might well be the thing to
do with them.

There is also a folder from Victor Records with the original instructions
for using a Victrola  that is meant to index the owner's Victor record
collection.  It's in very good shape with nothing entered.

Here's a brief listing some of the companies and artists on them:

Companies including:
Capitol; Columbia; Decca; Mercury; Regal

Artists:
        Sammy Kaye and his orchestra
        Mills Brothers
        Thelma Carpenter w/ Earl Sheldon & Orchestra
        Frankie Laine
        Dick Haymes and the Song Spinners
        Arthur Godfrey
        Andrews Sisters with Bing Crosby
        Johnny Mercer
        Benny Goodman
        Bing Crosby

The music includes foxtrots, some polkas not played by above artists.
 There are classical music recordings, too.

Some of these records are nearly an 1/8 " thick and most vary in thickness.
 Some has probably been re-mastered on CDs.

Questions are:  do these have any value?
                Does anyone want them?
                Should I just toss them?

Semi-serious Friday at the end of the week and before a long weekend
question.

Ronnie C.