Preview prints

I have an interesting question, I hope someone out there thinks so too, and
has some answers to help me. I recently found nine photos that are in a
small envelope that is labeled as "preview prints" by a local studio. On the
interior of the envelope it says that the photos should not be exposed to
daylight because they will fade. These are not really important pictures,
but I was wondering if anyone has heard of these and if their is anyway to
treat this proofs to stop them from fading. At the moment they are fairly
faded and have an overwhelmingly sepia tone to them. Any ideas? Also the
first photo in the group has absorbed printed ink from the envelope on its
face.
Thank you for your help.

Constance L. Jones
Project Director
Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley
e-mail: business_media_archives@msn.com