Re: "Active" Artifact

At 11:32 AM 5/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
Hello fellow Archive dwellers,

I'm hoping for some advice or suggestions please.  I am the Archivist at a
community college and some time back a "groundbreaking"  shovel complete
with engraved plates (documenting groundbreakings it was used for) was
donated to the archive collection.

We also have a ground breaking shovel in the Archives.  I actually make
sure it is used for official  ground breaking events.  Our Public Relations
Department makes sure the new plate gets applied.  They are very good about
returning it.

Hope this helps
Leigh
Leigh McNichols Hall
Reference Librarian/Archivist                   "Time's fun
Lawrence V. Johnson Library                             when your're
Southern Polytechnic State University                   having flies"
Phone: (770) 528-7444                                     Kermit the Frog
Fax: (770) 528-4944
Email: lhall@spsu.edu