Re: Records cross country move

Hi:

     When I worked for United Van Lines/Westlake we specialized in such
moves.  I suggest that you find a mover that currently specializes in
such things and then view their track record as extra security.  In Los
Angeles where I worked they as a rule kept the move a semi secret not
only for security but to shield the expense from the public.  You can
receive a rather inflated price quote unless you are careful.  Basically
they know that they can generally get the price they want if they have
the contacts which they will go after. If the move is large enough you
will be wooed. That is one of the reasons that I stopped working for
them.  But the work they do can be quite good if you do the footwork to
check them out.

Vickie Travis
tomnvic@earthlink.net