Re: Halon dump

Tanks in the U. S. Army are (or at least were) equipped with halon systems for fire suppression.  I have been exposed to more than one "halon dump" due to some bone-head lighting up a cigarette in front of a fire sensor.  While the experience was not THAT bad (I am still alive and experienced no damage), believe me, you have never seen people move out of a confined space so quickly.

In short, I would not refuse a good job because of a halon system.

Yours in Haste,

Patrick J. Prior
Staff Archivist
Holy Cross Family Ministries