Re: Preservation practices in tropics

Have your colleague check the ERIC databases.  They list a lot of papers
from the United Nations  RAMP (Records and Archives Management Program)
studies which are geared to developing nations.  They should be able to
access it at a local university library.  It can also be searched from
WebSpirs.  They're also useful for those of us in developing states (like
Louisiana) who don't get much state support.

John Kelly

Heidi Bamford wrote:

> Listserv members,
>
> A local colleague without access to the list has asked me to find out if
> there is literature and/or other guidance "out there" that would help
> archivists of a religious community in Indonesia cope with preservation
> concerns specific to a tropical climate without the benefits of modern
> technology such as central air conditioning, HVAC systems, etc. Also, if
> there are any leads as to archival supply companies that are known to do
> business or could do so in Indonesia (Jakarta). Thanks!
>
> Heidi Bamford

begin:vcard
n:Kelly;John C.
tel;work:(504) 280-6543