Re: Preservation practices in tropics

Hello there---

You may want to try Wilfred J. Plumbe's _Tropical
Librarianship_ (Scarecrow Press, 1987).  When I was in
library school, I did a research paper on Archives in
Africa, and Plumbe's book was quite helpful.

Bernadette  :)

--- Heidi Bamford <hbamford@WNYLRC.ORG> wrote:
> Listserv members,
>
> A local colleague without access to the list has
> asked me to find out if
> there is literature and/or other guidance "out
> there" that would help
> archivists of a religious community in Indonesia
> cope with preservation
> concerns specific to a tropical climate without the
> benefits of modern
> technology such as central air conditioning, HVAC
> systems, etc. Also, if
> there are any leads as to archival supply companies
> that are known to do
> business or could do so in Indonesia (Jakarta).
> Thanks!
>
> Heidi Bamford
>
> A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV
> List!
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
> listserv@listserv.muohio.edu
>       In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname
> lastname
> archives@listserv.muohio.edu
>
> Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the
> web interface at
>
> http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
> Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt
<rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

=====
Bernadette A. Boucher, MLS (Rutgers, May 1999)
"It's alright to 'like books' but a librarian should like people."

balibra76@yahoo.com