local history centers and multicultural representation

Hello.

This request goes out to all of you currently working
in or familiar with the policies of local history
centers.

I am researching the issue of multicultural
representation in history centers and archives - the
center's goals and mission, the staff's feelings on
this, the challenges, the necessity for, and the
policies that are being practiced concerning the
representation of the vast number of cultures that are
present in today's American cities and states. In my
opinion, the influence and impact that the many
diverse cultures have on our society justifies their
presence and representation in our hisory centers and
archives. I am interested in people's experiences with
this from all over the U.S. and in all forms - paper,
photographs, etc.
Your feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated.
Stats, book and journal references, any leads would be
helpful.

Thanks in advance for your time, thoughts on this and
for sharing your experiences.
You can e-mail me direct at
mahumari@yahoo.com

Thanks again.