Re: Jobs

Daniel Sokolow wrote:

> From: Daniel Sokolow@MCGRAW-HILL on 06/20/2000 04:37 PM
>
> To:   archives@listserv.muohio.edu
> cc:
> Subject:  Jobs
>
> Not to complain, or to start another of those enormous arguments, but is there
> any reason why out of the 7 or 8 jobs to get posted today, only 3 actually
> listed a salary or a salary range?

Daniel,
Boy do I ever agree with you.  I was looking at the posting from the Chicago
Historical Society and how they were talking about being a team player etc. but not
a word about what they might be willing to pay a team player, or gosh maybe do you
get a vacation every five years, or get your vet bills paid or something.  Everybody
to ashamed to let us know what they are paying?  Maybe folks are catching on and not
applying.  I'm seeing a lot of "application period extended" notices and "position
reopened" posts.  Come on posters you must at least have a salary range in mind and
could be up front about benefits.  Dick King and his personal tirade.