Re: Jobs

I echo Peter's, et al, opinion.  After working for 18 years in
telecommunications before making a career change, I would not entertain
paying the tranportation costs (to a job interview in a remote city), as one
employer recently asked me to do (whom I turned down), nor would i accept a
job that did not provide a relocation assistance package....if it involved a
move to another town.  I have a "low" regard for outfits like this. It's
unreasonable to expect a "new hire" or any employee to bear these costs. If
the organization can't bear the burden, then it is not a place where I would
want to work.  Don't sell ur self short.

As far as disclosing salary requirements in job announcements..the sword
cuts both ways.  I can  see it from both points of view.  But, in the long
run the employer may miss out, because chances are that smart, quality
people will look elsewhere.