Re: Jobs

Why not have the HR person ask the same questions as the hiring
supervisor? From my own experience in participating in the interview
process, seeing how a candidate will answer the same or similar
questions in different settings can be quite revealing.

In other words, I agree, screening for qualifications should be a
higher priority than screening salary requirements.

And, yes, hiring depts. should put salary ranges out there. It
shouldn't be incumbent upon the candidate to feel that they have to ask
that up front before even considering the position. Let's be real, you
can't expect people to jump at the opportunity of working for your
institution just for the love of being a part of your dynamic-team
environment-and-great-benefits.

--Andrea

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:52:29 -0500 "HEGEL, GERRY" <GHEGEL@DANCONA.COM>
wrote:

> If the
> idea of the HR portion of the interview is for screening, they should
> concentrate on screening applicants based on qualifications, not on what
> they currently make.  Of course, on balance, the HR person doesn't want to
> ask the same questions the hiring supervisor is going to ask.
>
> FWIW
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gerry

Andrea Leigh