Re: Advice on Scanning Systems

You might want to look into Fortis by File Magic and also Fortis PowerWeb
This is a Document Management Software with SQL Base
This product is produced by Westbrook Technologies Inc.  We are currently
using the system here at our library.

Fortis by File Magic is a 32-bit ODBC client/server document management
software suite, designed to grow at your organization's pace. It's scalable,
features rich suite offers functionality in its ability to capture, index,
retrieve, edit, annotate and distribute both paper and electronic documents
and images via LAN/WAN, internet/intranet, fax, and email.

Fortis PowerWeb
A pure server and portal for document management, the web component provides
access to live Fortis databases over the intranet/internet via web browsers,
eliminating the need for data conversion, publishing and relocation. Search,
retrieve and edit documents in the office or half-way around the world. You
design the appearance of the client solution.

The software allows me the availability of scanning and indexing at one time
and it will also do OCR.
The web address is http://www.filemagic.com

I hope this information helps.