Funding

I work for a small corporate archives in Texas.  The company has budgeted for one staff position, supplies and training.  I have been working with this collection for almost three years now and we are in desperate need of additional staff and funding.  My managers want me to look into grants that could help us in expanding this program.

 My question is for other corporate archivists that have experienced problems in receiving funding.  Are there grants available for archives in a corporate setting? Or is our only option convincing upper management to provide more funding for this program? Besides the usual arguments on the importance of archives, what other ideas can we bring to management to increase their interest and gain more support?

Thanks,
Catherine Barber
corporate archives
cbarber@lcra.org