Re: lying with pixels

There is a fantastic book for Civil War buffs by William A. Frassanito
called _Gettysburg: a journey in time_ which I highly recommend.  It seems
that the practice of manipulating photographs was alive and well by the time
the Civil War came around, although it was usually done outside the camera
by the placement of subjects (in this case, dead bodies, moved hither and
yon by photographer Timothy O'Sullivan to get the effect he wanted.) I can
picture Matthew Brady, armed with Adobe Photoshop, getting some great action
shots without even getting close enough to smell the gunpowder.

I think Dennis is right...the horse IS in the next state!

Kim (photographic memory) Scott