Re: History and the Movies

I wasn't going to add to this huge thread but I just want to express that
movies are historical fiction unless they say they are documentaries. When I
watch a film, I don't worry about whether George Washington really wore that
color of wig or whether they used 30 lb guns or 3 lb guns. I go to be
entertained and usually I am. I feel it is a shame when people tear
something apart when the intent was not to be completely accurate in the
first place. It is the same way with book fiction. Who cares if the author
didn't depict a character the way we think they should have, the author did
what he or she wanted to.

No big deal folks.

Laura Rose
Archivist