Re: George Washington Bridge Archives? Yes

I believe that the bridge construction was a c.1930-32 project of the Port
Authority of New York and New Jersey. It is presently administered by the
same quasi-governmental agency. While I am not entirely sure if the George
Washington Bridge documentation that your patron seeks is held in this
particular collection, the most fruitful place to begin your research would
be the collections of the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority)
Bridges and Tunnels here in New York City.
Their address and phone number is:

2 Broadway
New York, NY 10004
(646) 252-7418

The Administrator of the Special Archive, Ms. Laura Rosen, is something of
an expert in the history of the Port Authority. I'm certain that after
speaking to her, you will be pointed directly at your destination.

As an aside, Ms. Rosen is the curator of an extraordinary exhibition of the
great steam railroad images of the legendary photographer O. Winston Link.
The exhibit is currently on view in the MTA's Subway Museum Gallery in Grand
Central Terminal, and includes Link's never-before-seen color photography of
the construction of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. If you haven't had an
opportunity to see these memorable images in person, and you are in shouting
distance of the NY Metropolitan Area, I urge you to do so as soon as
possible.

MailTo:TGrunewald@QuadrigaArt.com

Theodore Grunewald
Chief Archivist