Re: card board "printing plates"

> not yet discovered how or what these card board pieces that
> appear to have been used to print ads, photographs and whole
> articles where.

Are you referring to 'ink-blotters'. For those of you still wet behind the
ears, at one time we older types used fountain pens to write with. to
prevent the ink smearing or getting on clothes an ink blotter was used to
soak up excess ink. One collection that I processed early in my career had
hundreds of the things.

here are some urls
http://www.inkblotters.com/blotters.html

http://www.nypen.com/InkBlotters.asp