Re: Jackie Kennedy's Pink Dress

I agree that this article should not be on display.  Regarding the Lincoln issue is it not true that all of his relatives are deceased?  If so it does not make the display politically correct but it would explain the situation.

I believe that one day if the infamous dress still exists someone will manage to try to put it on display.  I am not pretending not to be curious; however, I also believe that not enough time has passed.  Any tragic event that still can be remembered in recent history should be off limits.  What is next?  Princess Diana's clothing she wore at the time of her death?  Where do we draw the line?

Shirley Derrick, MLIS
Assistant Records and Information Manager
Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Milwaukee, WI

>>> ShannonRBL@AOL.COM 07/27/00 11:46AM >>>
Dear People:

Mrs. Kennedy's pink suit needs to be left permanently in its box in the NARA
vault for at least as long as the President's family, her family and her
children and grandchildren are living.

Anyone who would even consider the possibility of asking to see it or see it
displayed causes consternation.  Is there no decency left at all?

Margaret Shannon
WASHINGTON HISTORICAL RESEARCH
4661 South 34th Street
Arlington, VA 22206-1701