Lagar meeting

Please join us for the Lesbian and Gay Archives Roundtable meeting which will be held on Friday September 1 from 3:30 to 5:00.  Keith Schrum from the Colorado Historical Society will give an analysis of CHS's efforts to collect lgbt records and the balancing act that historical societies with a broad mission but limited resources must perform when they decide to document communities.  We will also be discussing the Buddy project and other efforts to assist small community archives.

After the meeting we will head out to the LoDo district.  We will dine at Dixon's;  the menu is American eclectic with an emphasis on Southwestern (per Ellen Greenblatt, conference helper extraordinaire).  LoDo is a fun district with things to do ranging from the quiet (a visit to the Tattered Cover, a renowned independent bookstore) to the wild (many a bar and dance club).  We need to know aproximately how many will be joining us for dinner so if you plan on coming please let me know.  I'm heading out on Tuesday the 22nd but will be checking my e-mail regularly at sme_edwards@hotmail.com.

Susan

Susan M. Edwards
Archivist
Salem State College