Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 2:09 PM
Subject: Sound Scriber disc

Among the items in the collection I'm currently processing is a "Sound Scriber Disc".  It is a very small, thin, green plastic disc that looks much like a record except that it's thinner and floppier.  It was mailed in 1948 and appears to be an early home recording device.  My question, is it safe to try to play it on a regular phonograph?  Does anyone have a Sound Scriber player?

Anne L. Foster
Archival Fellow
Center of Southwest Studies
Fort Lewis College