From: Anne Foster <foster_a@FORTLEWIS.EDU>
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Sound Scriber disc
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:09:19 -0600

Among the items in the collection I'm currently processing is a "Sound
Scriber Disc".  It is a very small, thin, green plastic disc that looks
much like a record except that it's thinner and floppier.  It was mailed in
1948 and appears to be an early home recording device.  My question, is it
safe to try to play it on a regular phonograph?  Does anyone have a Sound
Scriber player?

Anne L. Foster
Archival Fellow
Center of Southwest Studies