Re: electronic finding aids

I am definitely interested. Please post the results to the list. Thanks.

Michael A. Breedlove
Alabama Dept. of Archives and History
624 Washington Avenue
P. O. Box 300100
Montgomery, AL 36130-0100
334-242-4452 x238
334-240-3125 Fax
mbreedlo@archives.state.al.us
mbreedlo@archives.state.al.us

>>> JoAnne Geigner <jageign@ILSTU.EDU> 08/30/00 11:07AM >>>

Does anyone have an example of a finding aid for a purely electronic
collection?  I'm about to embark on a project for my Archives class and I'm
looking for examples of finding aides for websites or materials that do not
exist outside of cyberspace.  The trials and tribulations of putting together
the finding aid would also be helpful.

Please reply off list.  I can compile the responses and post them if anyone is
interested.

Thanks!
JoAnne Geigner
Graduate Student, History Department
Future Archivist
Secretary, Sociology & Anthropology Department
Illinois State University

jageign@ilstu.edu

"The world is made for people who aren't blessed with self awareness"
Bull Durham