Mylar

I have a question that I thought perhaps the listserve could help me with.
The question has been raised as to the possible pros and cons of using mylar
to house old documents instead of using acid free paper or acid free folders
to file the documents.  Obviously the mylar is more expensive, but does it
really protect the documents better?  Has anyone had any long term negative
results from using mylar?

Donna Read
readd@csps.com <mailto:readd@csps.com>