From: Michelle Mumaw [mailto:MMumaw@MCC.MCCOAK.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 9:33 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: User Registration Forms

Hello,

I need to pick the brains of more experienced archivists here.  I have a
user registration form that new archives' customers complete when they
first come here.  They also sign a sheet of rules, acknowledging that
they've read them & agree to comply with them.  My question is, how long
do I need to keep these sheets?  I input the information into an Access
database for tracking purposes but at present have no way to input
something like a record of their signature, etc.
Additionally, each person completes a call slip when they request items
from the collections.  I also input this information into access for
tracking purposes but again, have no way to include their signature.
How long should I keep the originals of these forms?
I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks!

Michelle Mumaw Gage
Archivist/Librarian