Re: Purloined materials: Reply -INTERPOL

Dear Mr. Grunewald:

I followed your suggestion, but found next to nothing on the Interpol site.
It does have a page devoted to stolen artworks.  By searching that page for
"book" and "books", I found one listing for a Koran that was stolen and
recovered.  Many of the other hits related to artworks that included the
word "book" in their titles (ex:  "St. John Holding a Book").  The remainder
apparently were false hits; I could find nothing to explain why those items
were retrieved by the search (ex: the painting "Man in a hat" did not
feature a book, and the description of the object did not include the word
"book").  Searching for "manuscript" and "manuscripts" got no hits at all,
although the stolen Koran itself was an MS.

Judy Robins,
Collections Manager
Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology
520 N. Northwest Highway