Re: Mausoleum donation

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, STEVEN P. FISHER wrote:

>  What I would like to ask the list is if anyone has ever had a similar
> gift, and how institutions make use of such a thing.

Not a clue, but that's not going to stop me from speculating. What does
your office of kickbacks-knicknacks-n-slush (aka Foundation) think about
this? I can see where a family might love a million dollar tax write
off--what I can't see is what you would do with a mausoleum.

Does this structure come partially stocked?  If so, can you deaccession
the current occupants? Is this big enough for off-site storage?  Climate
controlled? Could you even store records in a cemetery?  The only other
use I can think of is to make a place to store Used Up Boosters.  For a
donation of $XXX you too can be buried in this official university
mausoleum! University seals on all appropriate surfaces.

I think it would be very nice of these folks to donate the structure to
the city for burial of folk who can't afford plots.

Carole "Glad I don't have to deal with this" Nowicke
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>