Re: Mausoleum donation

Beware of Geeks Baring Gifts.  Or, in this case, Gifts Baring Geeks.

Paul (no kin to Kim) Scott

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   STEVEN P. FISHER [SMTP:sfisher@DU.EDU]
        Sent:   Monday, October 02, 2000 9:58 AM
        To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
        Subject:        Mausoleum donation

         I considered saving this until Friday but it just serious enough
that I
        decided to post it today. I came into work this morning and no
sooner had
        I opened the door than I took a phone call indicating that my
institution
        may be the recipient of a mausoleum. What I know about mausoleums
would
        fit on the head of a pin - I even had to look up the correct
spelling. The
        mausoleum has been appraised at several million dollars (
replacement
        value ) and belongs to an early prominent Colorado family, though
not so
        prominent that it would ever be a tourist attraction. It is quite
fancy
        though.

         What I would like to ask the list is if anyone has ever had a
similar
        gift, and how institutions make use of such a thing.