Re: digital files

I would like to know the answer as well so sent it to others!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Strand [mailto:j-strand@NORTHWESTERN.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 5:08 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: digital files

I am the head of the alumni records department at Northwestern
University.  Recently, we have considered the option of digital imaging our
records.  However, I am concerned about the condition of this type of
storage for my records.  The inactive files (deceased alumni) are
transferred to the University Archivist, Patrick M. Quinn.  He voiced his
concern as well about back-up files.

Because my files ultimately end up in the Archives (they do not plan on
going digital), I would like to know if there is any sort of back-up files
available with digital imaging?  Also, has anyone dealt with digital
imaging and what sort of problems have you faced?

Please post your answers directly to my e-mail as I am not a member of the
listserv.  Thank you.

Jessica J. Strand
Alumni Records
Northwestern University