Re: Don't forget Madoc, Prince of Wales

Though we are most familiar with the stepped pyramids of the Ancient Maya,
there are actually a number of sites with unusual buildings.  The "Caracol"
at Chichen Itza is another that comes to mind.  It looks like an
observatory.  I don't think it necessarily means they needed some foreigner
to tell them how to build them.

Alex Pezzati
Archivist
University of Pennsylvania Museum Archives
33rd & Spruce Sts.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6324

Tel.:   (215) 898-8304
Fax:    (215) 898-0657