Re: Virus I.D.

--- Jill Schneider <jschnidr@USGS.GOV> wrote:
>   Now, I know
> that the general advice
> "don't open attachments from folks unkown" should be
> enough to keep us all
> virus-free, but some of you out there just can't
> resist, can you?

I don't even open attachments from people I know! I
prefer "in-line text" or snail mail for longer
documents. If the e-mail has an attachment or nothing
in the subject line, it gets deleted immediately. When
I was younger (or at least newer to the internet) I'd
open email with nothing in the subject line, but
usually they turned out to be people trying to
subscribe to or withdraw from whatever list-serv I was
reading at the time. As one of my instructors in
library schools said, "If it's important, give it a
subject heading."

Cindy Rosser
UT-Permian Basin, Odessa, TX
rosser_c@utpb.edu