[no subject]

Dick King, University of Arizona you manage the records that are made by "your" own organization. Is there an outside inspector or controller that checks your work? Someone of the government because thats how it is in Holland. Furthermore can you tell me something about schools that educate people to manage records?
Greetings, Margriet van Gorsel.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 5:04 PM

Margriet,
I work in a public university which is considered a (quasi) state agency.  The name of my department is records Management and Archives.  Because my staff and I help the entire university manage their records under state and national laws we can try to help them do it right as well as identify early in the creation process records that will eventually come to archives.  Not all institutions have this organization but I think it is fairly common here in university settings.  If you have more specific questions just write me.  Dick King, University of Arizona
"Adriaansens& v.Gorsel" wrote:
Can anybody tell me if the production of documents by the administration (local or national) is being checked by archivists while the documents are still at the administration? And how it is done.I work in the Netherlands and it is my job to check if the administration is doing it according to the law and the rules of "good management".