Re: Barriers to public access at our public library for legitimately public information

Do you charge people of whom you happen not to approve
and let others use materials for no charge like our
Boston Public Library?...

Charges were instituted to deflect public access after our
municipality had been ordered to disclose.

Public library workers and unions collective bargaining
labor relations advocates have been made the brunt of
punishing reprisals of charges while other approved
public library users/customers/consumers have not
been charged.

Massachusetts records management officials have
indicated that if charges are necessary then records
filing for public access do not follow records
management principles.

Where records are on the desk and available, public
documents have been delayed or denied access until the
new charges contradicting the mission of our public
library.

All a cooperative librarian would have had to do is
look over within an arms reach what could be even seen
within view of passersby, such as a newsletter or a
general administrative notice.

What is your public library's mission?...

Guide to Problematical Library Use
http://guidetoproblematicallibraryuse.weblogs.com