Re: cleaning or painting a vault

Thanks, Alaric, for your suggestions re. using a mild soap to wash our walls.
I got one reply off the list which suggested I check as to whether some
kind of sealant was used when the vault was originally painted, to make the
blocks less porous.
Any further thoughts from anyone on this subject?
We are moving records now and our facilities people will be installing
lights, washing walls etc. beginning next week!
If we use a mild detergent, would we need to be concerned with rinsing it
off?
I have found very little information on this subject in the archival
literature or Internet sources I have checked.

Margaret Anderson
Bedford, MA Town Archives