Re: Auctioning archives tour

The key words here are "purely for profit."  Disney is, after all, a for-profit
corporation, so why would we be surprised that they would sell a tour of their
film archives?  Although, without an e-bay user ID, I couldn't find out exactly
who was doing the selling.  It may not even be the Disney Corp.

I found it more interesting in light of Disney World's very superficial
"behind-the-scenes" tour for the business archives section a few years ago.  We
didn't get to see anything resembling a Disney archives.

Actually, I see nothing ethically wrong with raising money with an indepth
archives tour, if you could get someone to pay for it.  Most of us would be more
than happy to do it for free.

Lesley W. Brunet, CA
Historical Resources Cente, Research Medical Library
University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center