manuscript appraisers

Hello,

A potential donor has told me that she has recently become aware of the fact
that she might be entitled to a tax deduction for the papers she wants to
donate to this repository. She is asking me if this "charitable donation"
route is a)available to her, and b)what kind of value might be put on her
donation.

I explained to her that it is illegal for me to give her tax advice (at
least that is my understanding, is that correct? The SAA website has some
information about this, saying curators "cannot" give tax advice, but it
doesn't specifically say it is illegal.) Anyway, I told her I could not give
her tax advice, and gave her the name of a manuscript appraiser in my area
who makes monetary appraisals of collections. It turns out this appraiser is
booked for the next six months and cannot help her.

My question is - is there a list somewhere of manuscript appraisers in this
country (and maybe Canada)that I could consult? Does anyone know of such a
list, or any kind of list of appraisers? This donor is from Ontario, Canada.
Does anyone know of a manuscript appraiser in Ontario this person could
consult? I would be grateful for any help on this question.

Thanks!