scanned material

I work at the Westchester  County  Archives.  From time to time we get
requests for copies of our photographs. More and more we are asked for
scanned material on discs.  We are beginning to do this but would like to
know if there are special concerns that we should be aware of.  Is there a
web site that addresses this issue that has been useful to you? Also we
would like to know what pricing structures are being used.
Please respond to:   Anne.Stokes@excite.com
Thanks for your help.