Fumigation with phostoxin

Dear all,

We have some stitch-bound Chinese books infested with some brown or
reddish brown bugs.  The consultant from a pest control company identified
the bugs as cigarette beetles (Lasioderma serricorne) and suggested to use
'Phostoxin" as fumigant to treat the infested books in a sealed container
for 10 days somewhere in a remote area .  That company has already provided
us some safety data of 'phostoxin' and told us that the chemical can kill
the cigarette beetles successfully.

I would like to know if any institute has ever used phostoxin in fumigation
and how successful it was.  Did you have any books infested by cigarette
beetles before and how did you treat them?  Our biggest concern is whether
the residue of phostoxin, if any, would be hazardous to human beings? Any
advice and comment is welcome and thanks  for your help.

Best regards,

Irene Wong
Special Collection & Archives
Hong Kong Baptist University Library