Re: Handling press releases

We have university press releases beginning in 1929.  We arrange them
this work is done by students, so there are sometimes authority problems, but the
resulting index is invaluable to answer a question such as, "Is it true that
Salvador Dali spoke on this campus sometime in the 1950s?"  The answer is, "Yes,
he did, and it was an apparently a wild affair."

if we see an especially good, informative, or valuable release, we make a
photocopy and file the copy in our vertical or quick reference file.

Gerald L. Peterson
University Archivist
University of Northern Iowa