Re: Licensing fee for film

Here at the YIVO Institute, we have the following schedule of fees:

These are USAGE fees(above the base fee for any reproduction) for one-time
use, in one medium:

Commercial TV/film client $1600/ minute
Public TV                          1200/ minute
Independent TV/film maker   800/ minute

A detailed description of the footage used, and for what purpose, has to be
submitted before copy is made. Also, at the end of the project, a list of
the shots actually used in the final product must also be submitted.

Gunnar Berg, Archivist