Re: Important Message-Upcoming Change in Reply Setting

I don't know if my email is set up differently, but the "out-of-office"
replies that I get when I post to the list come directly to my addy, not to
the lists'. I guess I don't see where this would change anything along that
line.

I am going to miss seeing the responses that won't make it. Granted, I know
I spend a lot of time weeding, but to me, it's worth it. Even just knowing
that the answer is somewhere in the lists' archives helps. Let's face it -
people change jobs & it can be tough to track down an individual who asked a
question 2 years ago (that you found using the list archives) just to find
out what the replies were because people on the list thought it better to
reply to the sender than the 'bother' the list because it didn't seem
important at the time. (ok, I know - major run-on)

This list has helped me out a lot. Some of the stuff people may find
frivolous has provided a community of people who are dealing with the same
frustrations I am - & then I don't feel so isolated.

But then reality sets in & I realize this is a list of several thousand
people & I am just one. I guess this choice was made with the 'greater good'
in mind. Just one question: did the people who make this decision monitor
the list for responses, or was there an email we were to send our comments
to during/after the trial period?

Bridgette  (I think the cold finally got to me!)

Bridgette A. Kelly, Special Collections Manager
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
714 N. Portage Path
Akron, OH  44303
ph: 330-315-3232   fax: 330-836-2680