Re: Job Description for Archivist

I don't remember your original request, but here is my current position
description. Maybe it will help.

Thelma Boeder

ARCHIVIST

Purpose of Position
To identify, collect, preserve, and make available for use the historically
significant records of the annual conference.

Key functions/responsibilities
? Develop/implement records management plan for conference agencies and
offices
? Identify/solicit/receive collections
? Arrange/describe collections
? Create finding aids
? Provide research assistance to staff, congregations, individuals
? Train local church historians and records and history committees in
establishing and servicing congregational archives
? Participate in denominational archival activities, primarily those
connected to the North Central Jurisdiction

Ministry Base
? Conference Staff
? Elected conference leaders
? Pastors, congregations
? Others

Leadership Attributes
? Understanding of archival and historical methods
? Strong organizational skills
? Shares vision/mission of the Annual Conference
? Discreet

Qualifications
Training: Certification by the Academy of Certified Archivists or bachelor's
degree plus advanced archival training either in a master's degree program
or archival workshop or bachelor's degree plus two years or more of archival
work experience that encompasses both processing and reference service.
Practical experience:
? Word processing, data base
? Working with individuals, groups

Position Accountabilities