Reply problems

I don't mean to sound grouchy about this, and I apologize if I offend
anyone, but I'd like to think we're intelligent enough to work our way
around these issues.

Two points: 1) Virtually every mail program I have seen or used, including
Microsoft Outlook and Netscape Mail, have a "reply" button and a "reply to
all" button; as we saw during the test, choosing the latter made sure the
whole list got the message.  I'm assuming that we can all retrain ourselves
to use the correct feature.  2) Bob Schmidt and SAA gave us all plenty of
time to respond to the test they ran a few months back.  I personally don't
remember this many concerns about it at the time.  I think we had our chance
to veto it, and there wasn't a strong outpouring of opinion (I'm a bit sleep
deprived with a new baby in the house, so I'm sorry if I'm misremembering
the response.)  That being the case, I don't see that we should have such a
problem now.

Given the professionalism of the members of this list, our respective levels
of education, and the fact that a major portion of our work is (or will be)
dealing with electronic materials, I feel we ought to be able to accomodate
this relatively minor change in our list without having a cow.

Sacred or otherwise.

Have a good weekend all, and feel free to send your flames privately.  Or
publicly if everyone is afraid they'll miss something juicy. :)

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu