Re: Important Message-Upcoming Change in Reply Setting

My two cents' worth!  Only once that I can think of, in the many times I've
had occasion to send an e-mail and say, "Please don't reply to me at this
address; please reply instead to: (addy)," have I actually had the recipient
follow my instructions.  This makes me believe that even intelligent,
computer literate people (most of them, anyway!) are going to use the
default "reply" no matter what instructions they're given and no matter what
they're told about the consequences of not pasting in or clicking on the
alternate address.

I chalk it up to human nature, and I just don't think it's going to change
anytime soon.

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services
Maine State Archives