Re: Important Message-Upcoming Change in Reply Setting

I agree with Christine about keeping the general reply function. As a
relatively new visitor to this list, I have learned a tremendous amount
about many subjects. I have enjoyed the collegiality of this list and
tried to recreate it with other professional groups. So far none match
it. I often print out its useful discussions for my files. I have
discovered resources I might never have thought to seek just because of
reply messages on this list. Everyone I know tends to reply automatically
to email and neglects to make special address changes, even when one
specifies up front that they are necessary. You all have a treasure in
this list serv. I look forward to the interesting and useful exchanges so
much that I have built erasing the others into my daily rituals. Even
unwanted mistakes, sign-offs, out-of-office replies, apologies, and virus
announcements hold some interest because they reflect a community of
sorts. Thanks for so much sharing of expertise, curiosity, awnd humor.

Kathy Sturdevant
historian