February 6, 2001
Speaker:    Cindy Sheward, CRM
        Chubb Insurance Records Manager and
        Northern New Jersey Chapter Member
Location:   Woodbridge Hilton
Time:       3:00 ? 4:30 Board Meeting
        4:45 ? 5:30 Registration & Networking
        5:30 ? 6:30 Dinner
        6:30 ? 7:30 Cindy Sheward, CRM, Presentation
Topic:  In Search of the Grail for Electronic Records Management
Cindy describes her presentation this way:  I will describe my journey to date working with electronic records; lessons learned, successes and issues still under consideration.  This will include my experience working with document management software, records center software, e-mail (in-house and Lotus Notes) and Chubb-built systems.  I will provide a bibliography of articles and books I have found useful and hope to have some lively discussion at the end of the session.
Cost of Meals:  Member: $35.00  Nonmember: $40.00
For reservations please call or email Mary Bogart 973-597-6104  mbogart@lowenstein.com
Meeting sponsor: Eagle Business Archives

BIOGRAPHY

CYNTHIA M. SHEWARD, CRM is the Records Manager for Chubb Corporation, a property casualty insurer headquartered in Warren, New Jersey. Chubb has offices across the U.S. and in Europe, South America and the Pacific Rim.  Cindy has been a member of the Northern New Jersey Chapter of ARMA long enough for the tab to wear off her ARMA file folder.  In her years at Chubb, she has "automated" the General Counsel Department placing a pc on every lawyers desk with Word Perfect Office and Soft Solutions, created retention schedules for most departments with annual certification and sign off, introduced bar coding and software to an 80,000 box records center and then moved it and worked on a variety of electronic forms.  Her current projects include making web based cancellation/nonrenewal forms available to the field and working with document management, the Commercial Underwriting Workstation staff and a software vendor to devise a corporate repository for inactive underwriting files. !
Cindy received her CRM in the early 1990s.  She has a Bachelors in English from Beaver College and an assortment of graduate credits in education from the University of Vermont and American University. She has written for the NJ ARMA newsletter, spoken at ARMA International conferences and ISG Midyears and chaired the Insurance ISG.