Re: Important Message-Upcoming Change in Reply Setting

I've enjoyed reading the various replies concerning this issue. At the same
time I have just completed deleting a number of responses concerning
brochures that were obviously meant to be private replies.

I do agree with Daniel Sokolow concerning our need to learn how to use our
tools. I must confess that I have in the past inadvertently replied to the
list when I meant to reply to an individual. It takes little or no effort at
all to copy n paste an address into the reply line. Or if I am using Outlook
I just click on the "To" button find the address I need click on it, and
Wallah! its done.

In order to understand how to preserve records for future users we must
learn how the systems the records reside in operate -- their provenance so
to speak.

So this permanent change will not change my operating strategy for the most
part.

What I would like to suggest to the SAA Listserv committee is that the issue
of attachments be examined closely. Over on recmgmt-l attachments are
automatically filtered out by the software, could not this same thing be
done here on A&A? Also in the many years that I have been on both lists, I
cann't think of one instance of spam hitting recmgmt-l, but A&A in the last
year or so has been hit many times by spam. Could something be done about
this? Thanks. Now back to madly deleting various postings. (I was to lazy to
set to nomail)

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Manager, Records Management Group
Woodside Summit Group Inc