Re: Important Message-Upcoming Change in Reply Setting

What nobody has mentioned thus far is SAA's role in this.  I am very
uncomfortable with the way in which this decision was reached.  The
Listserv Administration Committee informed the list administrator of the
change, who in turn informed the list members.  There has not been a
single message from the committee to the list as a whole explaining why
they made their decision.

The overwhelming majority of messages have been against this change.
Yet, there has been no input from the actual list participants.  Did the
committee vote on this?  Are the committee members willing to go on
record with their decisions?  Who is on the committee?  How were the
committee members assigned to the committee?  And even more basically,
why does SAA have control of the list?  Are the list members being
served well by SAA's stewardship?  It seems like a good time to review
some of these things.

I don't have any alternatives to suggest right now, but I would like to
throw this out for discussion among the list members.

Andy Hempe
--

Andy Hempe