FOIC Young Citizens' Page

How about a Boston version?...

                   Freedom of Information Sub Logo
                  Last modified: December 28, 2000

                           Welcome to the

                        Young Citizens' Page!

                             FOI Cartoon

  This page is being developed for the young citizens of Connecticut
because you have an important stake in obtaining public information.

We will be posting on this page material that we think will be useful
to you in understanding your rights as citizens of the state.

But, we also want to hear from you about what you would like to know
and what information you want posted on this page.

                     Under Construction Graphic

This page is a work in progress, so please continue to visit us to see
what's new that may be of interest to you.

ESSAY CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

The Connecticut Foundation for Open Government ("CFOG") is a nonprofit
organization committed to promoting open government, a concept that is
at the heart of our democratic society.  One of CFOG's goals is to
increase awareness among younger citizens about the importance of the
state Freedom of Information Act, which ensures citizen access to
government records and meetings, and the impact the act has on their
daily lives.  For a second year, CFOG is sponsoring an essay contest
for high school students on freedom of information.  Cash prizes will
be awarded to the top three entries.

**Click here to learn more about CFOG's 2001 Essay Contest

**Click here to learn more about last year's top contest winner and
his winning essay

Animated Graphic that says Come to the F.O.I.C.
Animated Graphic of Director of Public Education

If you are interested in attending a meeting or hearing taking a tour
of the office just learning more about Freedom of Information

contact our Director of Public Education,
Animated Graphic that says
                           Eric V. Turner .

                          E-mail animation

E-mail with any questions or suggestions you have.

If you are researching FOI related topics, the "Other Related Sites"
page is a great resource!

                            ConneCT Kids

Home | FOI Act | Regulations | Citizen's Guide | Highlights of FOIA |
       FAQs | Final Decisions | Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Meeting Agendas & Minutes | Other Related Sites | Table of Contents |
                      Student Page | What's New | Search

http://www.state.ct.us/foi/Students/Young_Citizens'.htm